Rockford Responds with Midway Village Museum
Posted by Midway Village Museum
Posted on May 22, 2020
History is happening all around us every day. We rely on you - our community - to help us tell your personal stories and continue Midway Village Museum’s mission of preserving Rockford’s unique history.
We’re asking you to share your stories , photographs and objects of your experiences of Rockford during the COVID-19 pandemic. These first-hand accounts will become part of the Museum’s permanent collection. Years from now, your stories will provide a historical perspective on how Rockford responded to the challenge we’re all currently facing.
How can you help?
• Send us pictures that typify your pandemic experiences (please tell us who is in the photo and where and when it was taken)
• Write us an email, a memo, or a letter telling us how your business has been affected by the pandemic.
• Have you closed your doors or found ways to remain open?
• Have you been able to access emergency funding?
• How have you changed your operations to meet the challenges?
• What will your industry look like post COVID?
• Send us an object that helps us understand the impact on your business
• Signage used on your property conveying new ways of operating or closures during the stay at home orders (Flyers on doors, yard signs, counter signs)
• Advertising materials that share covid-related operational changes (ex. no contact delivery)
Please send all stories or photographs (along with the submission form) to Curator of Collections , Laura Furman, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Contact Laura Furman to arrange for the donation of objects.